Benefits of Blepharoplasty
Many women find themselves frustrated because they feel they always look tired. With puffy eyes and bags under their eyes, the entire face looks aged, making them appear older than they are. Some women experience eyelid drooping that interferes with their eyesight and impairs their vision. Blepharoplasty, the technical name for upper eyelid surgery, may be able to correct these issues and improve overall appearance and confidence. Although blepharoplasty may not be the right option for everyone, it is a minor surgery, has minimal scarring, and is often done as an outpatient procedure. Upper eyelid surgery can offer an individual many benefits, both medically and cosmetically.
Medical Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery can reduce the discomfort and eyestrain that occurs when there is extra skin and fat around the eyes
- Blepharoplasty also removes skin from above the eye, which eliminates eyelid drooping causing obscured vision
- Eyelid surgery can reduce neck pain and stiffness, which occurs when someone tips his or her chin out to see clearly
Cosmetic Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- Upper eyelid surgery removes extra skin and fat from around the eyes for a more youthful look
- During the process of a blepharoplasty, excessive skin is removed, reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- With cosmetic eyelid surgery, puffiness and bags from around the eyes are reduced. This causes the skin around the eyes to tighten, giving the patient a more alert and awake appearance
Upper eyelid surgery makes eyes bright and youthful, which can impact the appearance of the whole face. It does more than just improve appearance; it increases confidence and overall quality of life.
Interested in What Blepharoplasty can do for you? Contact Dr. Moskowitz in Manhattan.
If you are interested in learning more about blepharoplasty, contact the office of Dr. Bruce Moskowitz, a plastic surgeon in NYC, today at 212-979-4586. We look forward to your call.